Thursday, April 1, 2010

Roadtrip!!!

It feels as if it has been years since my last roadtrip.  I miss the view from the road; the pit stops, the music, the fun, the adventure.  And so, after a very long wait, I have finally reached one of my roadtrips months of 2010! 

In 29 days I will be on the road and heading to California!  First stop, Denver, CO.  My sister and I will stay with our friend and her family for the night and then head to Vegas.  I'm hoping to maybe get to our cousin's new place in the Mountains of CO, but we'll see.  It would be great to see her new home.  From Vegas to L.A., and from L.A. up the coast to Sacramento - where my brother lives.  A three or four day roadtrip adventure to sunny Sacramento.  We'll stay there for 4 or 5 days (one of which will be spent in Yosemite National Park) and then we'll fly home.

There is nothing more thrilling to me than having *something* big to look forward to.  Bring on April!!!!!

Crap, that reminds me.   I have to pay rent today.

5 comments:

BeeKay said...

Fantastic! Are you renting a car? And if so, have the rates changed since I looked into that possibility?

Miss Taken said...

Yes we are renting a car. Laura set it up but I sent her to Hertz. They had AWESOME rates when I rented last year to go to Virginia. They also didn't have all those crazy stipulations about extra miles and all that jazz. I found them through expedia the first time. Also, they are super honest (at least here in town) I called last year and he told me to book it online because I'd get a better deal!

Not sure what this is costing us, but after researching it seems that yet again Hertz is our best bet. :)

Asteff said...

Hey, nice! I've always wanted to go to Yosemite. Take pictures... post them on the blog...

Lily Cate said...

Better hurry up with that rent- I hear your landlord's a real hard ass.

Miss Taken said...

Ha! You're so right about that, Lil. A few months ago I stopped by to pay and she was like, "What's this for?"