1. The pitch black closet in Candice Buggs’ basement. I knew that if you walked far enough in to it, you’d fall to the center of the earth and no one would ever know.
2. Falling asleep lying down. For a long time I had to fall asleep sitting up because I was convinced that if I fell asleep lying down, I’d throw up.
3. Freddy Krueger.
4. Ms. Brehmer. I had to go into her classroom for Reading in first grade and she scared the crap out of me. I used to cry every day before school because I was terrified of her.
5. Laura’s psychotic friend Becky Pacman, who tried to suffocate me with a pillow once.
6. Any limbs hanging over the edge of the bed while sleeping. I knew that if your arm or leg hung over the edge, the little tiny people would see it. Then they would put their ladders up against your bed and tie you down while you slept. Either that or a giant blade would swing by and chop it off.
7. The ventriloquist dummy that was sitting in front of the closet door mirror at someone’s house when I was a kid. I only saw it once – in fact, I think I was only in that house once - but that was enough for me! I can still picture it, the evil little minion.
8. The upper attic at Sarah and Christina’s house. It’s haunted. Deal with it.
9. The Boogeyman. He lived in the basement; and when I didn’t want to sleep, he’d be dancing at the foot of my bed.
10. Being chased in tag. The worst feeling to me was when you would run around the corner of a house (or something like that) and you would glance back to see that the person chasing you was RIGHT behind you. *shudders*
11. Amie’s Grandma Jerri.