Thursday, February 16, 2012

Does This Blog Make Me Look Fat?

My life is full of randoms.  Random statements, random happenings, random friends, random everythings.

Random statements like when I co-worker tells me that if he could be an angel he would be one that rescued people and brought justice to wrong-doers.  To which I responded "so you'd be the Chuck Norris of angels?"  Note to self: Maybe you should start speaking like an adult.  But then again, life wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Or even better yet, random statements like earlier today when a co-worker asked me if the local jail had conjugal visits.

Really?

Random happenings like finding poop on the bottom of my shoes today while home for lunch.  Quickly I changed into a different pair of shoes only to find out that they too had walked through poop somewhere, at some point... but where?  I don't own a dog and I couldn't find dog dookie in my yard when I went out and looked.  It's not my cats because they are clean and are actually the ones who pointed out the poop to me in the first place.  Awesome.  Random poop on the bottom of my shoes.  Fantastic, guess I'll be washing two pairs of shoes tonight.

Random friends like the ones I see but once a year and still manage to send me thoughtful notes and gifts at the perfect time.  Or even better yet the ones that I never see and then when I do see them it's massively awkward because we once were close but no longer are.  And then the random friends that you instantly connect with and it seems that you've been friends your whole life.  Seasons change, people change; and all of it interests me.

To tell you the truth, I don't have anything to share for the "random everythings" column.  I must have been being dramatic or something when I typed that.  I'm not going to lie, I have nothing for ya on that one.

7 comments:

Tina said...

The band Expose popped into my mind when I read "seasons change, people change..."

And I almost wrote "POOPED" because I had poop on my brain. Not literally but figuratively of course.

Miss Taken said...

Poop on the brain. Nice.

Avo said...

You know, if you hold a bucket full of water and if you up end it, you can predict with a fair amount of certainty what'll happen next.
But if you have a mountain size pile of cat kibble and push a snowman over the top, it's anyone's guess where it will end up.
Where am I going with this?
Beats me... But I'm sure it's meaningful. Give me a second to untangle my legs from the full lotus position and I'll come up with a meaning. ; j
Oops.. Nope, didn't work.

Miss Taken said...

Oh my gosh, Alesa I am laughing so hard right now. I read up to the "mountain of cat kibble and push a snowman over the top..." and I had to got back and re-read the post from the beginning. I was thinking, this *has* to be incredibly insightful and I'm just not getting it. And then I read to the end and laughed my butt off. That was awesome!

Avo said...

Perhaps sometimes meanings are randomly out to lunch...
: j

So I've watched "Cutting edge", it was utterly predictable but entertaining nonetheless.
It was fun seeing how much the narrative pacing of the story was 80s but the filming technology and techniques were 90s.
And there was some pretty sharply written dialogue too, which clinched it. Thanks.

Miss Taken said...

I'm glad you're a person who can also find the positives in 80s movies. :)

"Blades of Glory" is the polar opposite. If you don't love Will Ferrel, you'll probably hate it. It's like "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Anchorman" meet "Old School" and it all happens on ice. It's not my favorite Comedy by any means. But it's quotable.

Avo said...

Napoleon Dynamite was pretty fun, Anchorman was a riot... Never heard of Old school.
Blades of glory was entertaining, but will be easily forgotten.

Have you seen Whip It? You might like it.